This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
Ph.D. graduate with over 8 years of professional experience in Molecular biology, Plant Genetics, Genomics, Cloning, and Sequencing. Seeking a full-time work opportunity in research, education, and allied industry to utilize my knowledge, skills, and abilities in the competitive market.
I have a Ph.D. in Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology from the College of Forest Resources and Environmental Sciences, MTU, MI, USA. For my Ph.D. thesis, I have studied neutral and adaptive genetic variation using molecular markers in forest tree species of sugar maple and red oaks in Northern hardwood forests for conservation genetics. My research and academic accomplishments have yielded two first-author publications and two co-author publications during the four years of my Ph.D. One of my research work on environment-dependent selection and adaptation is published in the American Journal of Botany, with special recognition from the editor in their highlights section.
1) I am proficient with all the molecular techniques in the laboratory, Protein/DNA/RNA purification, quantification, analysis with PCR, molecular characterization, and electrophoretic/chromatographic separations.
2) I’m aware and capable of handling NGS sample preparation and data analysis.
3) I have hands-on experience in the use of the BLASTX algorithm, screening EST-SSR libraries to develop primers for EST-SSRs, QTL mapping.
4) Experience in handling/ maintenance of specialized equipment, GLP, and Aseptic techniques.
5) I have handled huge genomic data and made interpretations using software such as STRUCTURE, Population, and GenAlEx.
6) I am able to conveniently use Excel and PowerPoint, have a good hold on statistical analysis, database management.
Currently, I am pursuing advanced certification courses in CRISPR-Cas9, R, and Python for genomic data science. I am highly motivated, capable of carrying out independent research, supervise juniors as well as work in collaboration with team members from a variety of diverse backgrounds, and have a good command of written and verbal communication skills. Furthermore, I can jump between projects, based on the needs of the research group, design experiments, quickly learn and apply new techniques in modeling experiments.