Proven leadership in translating business activities into relevant financial statements and reports as well as administering high-end financial operations to effectively manage assets, leverage opportunities, and grow business. · Decisive Leader able to strategize budgets, refine forecasts, resolve ...
- Proven leadership in translating business activities into relevant financial statements and reports as well as administering high-end financial operations to effectively manage assets, leverage opportunities, and grow business.
- Decisive Leader able to strategize budgets, refine forecasts, resolve variances, as well as anticipate how business strategies/ plans/ decisions can impact the financial health of the company.
- Known for delivering quantifiable profitability through cost-controls, analytical reasoning, financial restructuring, and business modeling.
- Mastery in accounting standards, principles, and control mechanisms (IFRS & GAAP), along with governing tax laws including VAT and GST gained through vast industry experience and education.
- Effective communicator, and negotiator, capable of collaborating with multiple stakeholders to deliver business and operational excellence.
- Valued member of senior leadership who gains support through his enthusiasm, work ethic, and unwavering commitment to mentor his employees to higher levels of achievement.
Chief Financial Officer- Fischer Building Materials India (P) Ltd
Oct 2016 to Present
- Chiefly responsible for financial planning and management function – effectively managing possible risks and investments while applying all accounting, financial, and business management principles to achieve profitability and long-term success.
- Establishing departments from the ground-up, instituting strategic roadmaps, re-defining operational policies, and work-procedures to drive disciplined growth, strengthen controls, and scale infrastructure for sustained growth.
- Strategizing annual financial plans, devising realistic budgets, and computing precise forecasts for ensuring that allocations are accurate, revenues are recorded, expenses are within budget limits, and/or appropriate fiscal practices are followed.
- Driving commercial and growth strategies including expansions, new projects, cost management, raising finance, product pricing, and risk management.
- Reshaping the organization's credit policy – defining the risk appetite and establishing benchmarks to ascertain credibility while identifying leakages and initiating corrective actions to circumvent losses.
- Analyzing reports to compare the financial performance of the business with planned targets; maximizing profitability by identifying and addressing major strategic issues/ gaps that can have an impact on the company’s long-term future.
- Building competitive team by recruiting quality talent; mapping key processes, setting goals, and linking KRA with employee performance. Identifying potential areas for improvements and providing strategic guidance to ensure performance excellence.
- Oversee month closing activity as per group reporting calendar.
- Facilitating the smooth execution of preliminary/ annual audits and coordinating with internal/ external auditors to ensure that the audit recommendation/conclusions are effectively implemented.
- Representing key finance liaison to all internal and external stakeholders; addressing financial discrepancies by presenting the best possible solution and expertise that aligns with the organization’s vision, mission, values, and goals.
Business Unit Controller- Schneider Electric Infrastructure Ltd.
Nov 2009 to July 2016
- Provided financial planning, reporting, and analytics support to achieve business and financial objectives while ensuring the vision aligns with the firm’s overall objectives
- Responsible for all efforts and results of vetting of Tenders/ Quotes – devised competitive quotes while ensuring all observations identified by cross-functional departments are appropriately factored and instituted.
- Functioned as financial lead for projects – led revenue recognition analysis, backlog orders, book/ bill, WIP, cost provision (CTC), plan margin deviation, budget change request approval, and risk assessment to maintain positive project cash flow at all times.
- Managed finalization of year-end financial statements; scrutinized figures, general ledger posting, and other relevant documents for accuracy and conformance to applicable accounting standards and principles.
- Generated reports highlighting financial position/ performance in line with the set targets/ budgets; outlined financial variations/ risk/ benchmarks to senior leadership with corresponding action plans.
- Instrumental in ensuring smooth execution of audit procedures; facilitated any document/ information required by auditors instantly and effectively implemented audit recommendations to advance improvisation of business operations.
- Developed and mentored a team of 6 qualified professionals; maintained department productivity and met all deadlines by assigning duties effectively as well as providing support on all aspects of financial decision making.
Finance Controller- Adani Power Maharashtra Ltd.
Jan 2008- Nov 2009
- Analyzed the organization’s financial stability/ liquidity/ growth in line with set targets and budgets; established trends, identified deviations, and suggested corrective actions to attain desired results.
- Summarized financial information from business activities into financial statements, reports as well as prepared detailed schedules and narratives as per all accounting standards and principles.
- Aligned the finance management function for projects; led vendor management, monitored cash-flow, identified cost-centers, and established strategic initiatives to minimize expenditures.
- Commanded fund sourcing and management – responsible for bank liaison, coordination while deploying funds judiciously to maintain sound financial health and cash position.
- Offered integral support to Management in ensuring the financial function of the organization is streamlined, efficient, and complies with all regulatory requirements and generally expected internal controls.
Unit Finance Controller- Gabriel India Limited
- Served as an expert source for all finance issues including full accountability of product costing, margin analysis, input/ output analysis as well as producing financial statements with quality, accuracy, and conformance to the chart of accounts.
- Involved in financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting; applied various financial models/ techniques while developing strategies to maximize the success of finance management initiatives.
- Partnered with external auditors for smooth execution of audit procedures – fostered appropriate control levels, established best practices for all finance management systems, and implemented tight processes to optimize efficiency.
- Regularly updated Board of Directors and Audit Committee on financial progress, potential issues, key risks, and their control factors – prepared a range of documents/ reports/ submittals for strategic analysis and interpretation.
- Catalyzed integration of operations post-merger of the subsidiary with its holding company – analyzed impact/ points of resistance and implemented strategic initiatives to restore the consistency of routine business operations.
- Integral part of the team involved in the implementation of Kanban system – improvised systems to manage inventory enabling a positive working capital cycle along with improved efficiency and productivity.
- Strategic Management