Manager Systems Engineering - Java | Fortune 500 Automotive Retail Giant | 8-10 Years (BB-ADA04)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium IN
Role Objective :
The Manager is responsible for assembling product
team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying
appropriate resources needed, and developing
schedules to ensure timely completion of project. In
order to effectively coordinate the activities of the
team, the Manager must be familiar with system scope
and project objectives, as well as the role and function
of each team member. The Manager operates under
general management supervision. The ideal candidate
is one that is not only passionate about product
management but also focus on business needs and
customer experience. The day-to-day work is
interesting, challenging and fast-paced!
Reporting to the Director of Commerce Services, the
Manager of Systems Engineering will lead a talented
team of developers in building integrations to our order
management systems in conjunction with business
leaders. You will be empowered to innovate and
contribute to the definition of the standards,
automation, and processes that will enable product
teams to release features more rapidly
• Work with business stakeholders, project managers, business analysts, and other IT teams to define the
vision, roadmaps, strategy for the order management systems based on customer and stakeholder needs,
company goals and strategy, market trends and technology advancement/
• Work closely with a nimble team of software engineers and enterprise architects to ensure the solutions
meet our business needs using Agile methodologies in a fast-paced environment.
• Identify appropriate resource needs; work with appropriate management to get resource commitments;
make recommendations in sourcing strategy
• Ensure contractual documentation is place, utilizing appropriate procurement processes
• Create and manage delivery schedule; track progress in completing project tasks. Ensure project
schedules are as efficient as possible, utilizing critical path analysis where appropriate; and ensure
project resources accurately charge time to appropriate tasks.
• Manage scope - utilize appropriate tools and processes to manage/track requirements and conflicts;
ensure appropriate change management processes/tools are used
• Manage cost; provide level of effort and estimates, ensure financial forecast is created and maintained
through the project
• Track and manage risk and issues; appropriately escalate to management and project stakeholders
• Prepare and present status reports on a regular basis to management and project stakeholders
• Coordinate with Security Architecture and Engineering functions regarding the selection and
implementation of applicable controls.
• Plan for and work flexibly to deadlines
• Maintain a leadership expertise on current technology, trends, and best practices.
• The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of
work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
• Establish delivery goals and KPIs to measure against them.
• Setting quarterly and annual goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with department
goals and vision.
• Organize workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
• Monitor employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
• Manage overall team and individuals’ skillsets, performance and throughput through training plans,
career development, and performance management.
• Ability to use collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
• Other duties or tasks as assigned by management
calendar_today2 days ago