Lead Engineer - Quality Assurance (Java) | US Fortune 500 Multinational Retailing Convenience Store Company | 5-9 years (BB-AE57F)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium IN
- To be responsible for testing the performance of APIs, DB calls (SQL and NoSQL) and UI.
- To be responsible for performance testing, stress testing, spike testing, volume-based testing, endurance testing, and load testing.
- Understand business use cases, internal/external performance Benchmarks, debug performance issues, design performance testing framework, decision making on issues, technical assistance in performance analysis and performance tuning of DB/OS/APIs.
- Create JMeter scripts using groovy/Bean Shell to test the performance of applications.
- Identify hardware and software bottlenecks in the application and raise them to the Infrastructure and Development Team.
- Work with cross-functional team members from Architecture, Product Strategy & Development, QA, Sales & Services, and other central teams to improve performance and scalability of multiple products.
- Review and participate in product benchmarking and design reviews of multiple products to provide early feedback into the design of products.
- Test API and UI performance of new or updated APIs/UI within the sprint along with manual and automation testers.
- Prepare Performance Comparison Report for APIs/UI (before and after the code changes) and share the report with the stakeholders along with Test Summary Report.
- Manage JMeter scripts through the git repository.
- Integrate JMeter Test Plan with Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
- Run JMeter scripts through Jenkins Daily and analyze the response time and performance issues daily along with Dev and Infrastructure Team.
- Create Performance Metrics report for each release
- Work closely with QA and PM team members to understand performance requirements and provide a strong performance service.
- Provides regular performance reports on test progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with project testing.
- 6+ Years of relevant experience in Performance Testing
- A deep understanding of performance testing methodologies like performance testing guidelines for cloud-native, Web and Java Applications
- Must have hands-on experience in performance testing tools such as JMeter/Gatling, POSTMAN, chrome performance developer tools.
- Experience in performance analysis at different layers of application development such as database tuning, JAVA tuning, and UI tuning.
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems
- Experience in working on cloud platforms such as AWS/Google Cloud/Windows Azure.
- Hands on experience in autoscaling and load balancers.
- Experience in working on monitoring tools such as New Relic/Splunk/App Dynamics.
- Should be able to extrapolate performance testing results and provide proper production capacity sizing for the application scaling
- Experience with performance monitoring tools and understanding performance metrics
- Knowledge of Multithreading concepts, Indexing concepts, heap concepts, stack overflow concepts, Lazy loading, and Compression concepts.
- Experience in SQL, database tuning, capacity planning based on the performance of the application.
- Hands of experience in shell/ Perl scripting.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative and team-oriented individual.
- Good at working under pressure.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Good at documentation
- Systematic and organized.
- Performance testing framework maintenance for API, DB, and UI.
- Automate and maintain Sanity suite across application Web and Mobile
- Effective analysis of performance-related failures and fixes of performance scripts
- Create and maintain Performance Regression suite across applications
- Test Driven Development approach for performance testing
- Updated on upcoming releases for In Sprint performance testing
- Support, maintain and follow CI/CD flow for performance testing.
- Perform Load Testing (with large dataset) and Performance Testing (with user load) in every sprint.
- Prepare and share performance metrics with shareholders with different user load and data load
- Raise performance issues before it is reported in production.
calendar_today2 days ago