Lead Application Engineer - Retail Commerce POS (Java) | Fortune 500 Global Company | 10-14 years (BB-D0A4E)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium IN
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As a Lead Application Engineer, you will be part of Retail Commerce organization, which is responsible for building next generation tools for Nike stores to help them perform sales. This includes Front of House – Point Of Sale systems and Back of House reporting and store management systems. Our systems are used in 37 countries and we serve 540M consumers and 46,000 athletes annually. We are in process of modernizing our tools from legacy solution to cloud based architecture. We are adding omni channel capabilities to our tools to serve our consumers better. This is a team that’s always on the offense, working on innovative solutions, building world class experiences to serve Nike members around the globe.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Lead the technical development and delivery of backend services in the retail environment.
- Provide technical leadership in the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and development of major new capabilities
- Provide strong technical expertise in application architecture & help create long term vision on architecture.
- Oversee the quality of the code and products throughout the entire development lifecycle (DevOps)
- Drive for continuous improvement in performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, usability, and availability of the platform.
- Help team analyze and adopt newer technologies.
- Leverage agile methodology concepts for quality, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Participate in sprint planning and other scrum ceremonies. Help team plan and execute sprint tickets.
- Monitoring and supporting health of services in production.
- As a Lead Software Engineer, responsibilities include
- Working with your local team and other geo-graphically dispersed engineering teams to provide technical expertise on development and architecture
- Partner with product owner to understand requirements and define an MVP for features and agree upon timelines.
- Collaborating with other engineering teams and architecture to develop new features.
- Working with infrastructure teams to ensure we have the right store environment for proper functioning of the applications
- Working with application privacy and security teams to ensure the application is properly architected and maintained.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 10+ years of professional experience in application engineering.
- 4+ years hands-on experience in Java.
- Experienced in building RESTful micro services.
- Should have experience in AWS based micro services and no-SQL DB, AWS services like AWS EC2, AWS Lambda, S3, Dynamo DB, Graddle
- Experienced in automated functional testing using tools like Cucumber.
- Well versed with Agile methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Cucumber a melon vine of the genus Cucumis; cultivated from earliest times for its cylindrical green fruit More (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)
calendar_today2 days ago