Senior Scrum Master | Nike | 5-8 years (BB-9FE45)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium IN
Become a part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Section 1: who are we looking for
We’re looking for a Senior Scrum Master with the ability to oversee agile maturity within the teams, drive deliverables to completion, as well as help build a culture of collaboration where every voice is heard. They will be skilled at mentoring and coaching their team to build deeper agile skills. This role will be key in igniting Nike’s move towards its Consumer Data Acceleration strategy.
· Operates as a team-based servant leader in service to the team’s needs.
· Ensures the team is practicing Agile principles.
· Partners with, coaches, and supports Product Owner in managing the backlog to ensure it is properly prioritized and appropriately sized.
· Facilitates all Scrum ceremonies (backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, demos).
· Establishes, tracks and communicates agile metrics (such as team velocity and sprint progress/burn down chart) to team, management, and any impacted stakeholders.
· Facilitates alignment and assists Product Owner and Delivery Team with making appropriate commitments.
· Identifies, removes and/or escalates risks, roadblocks, and cross team dependencies that are unresolvable by the team and interfere with the team’s ability to deliver commitments.
· Accountable for promoting continuous improvement by coaching the team to use metrics to identify and measure progress.
· Participates with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization and cross-scrum collaboration on delivery execution.
· Continuously learns new approaches to facilitation, agile best practices and how to improve team dynamics.
· Helps the Team to focus on delivery of high quality stories on a predictable, sustainable cadence.
Section 2: what will you work on
If this is you, you’ll be working with the Transational Data Products Squads in the ICC to execute on data solutions supporting Nike’s initatives such as inventory forecasting, assortment planning, and ERP support. You will be facilitating scrum ceremonies, partnering with the product owners to ensure backlog health, and working with the team to improve velocity and identify kaizens.
Section 3: who will you work with
You will be working with the Transactional Data teams in WHQ and partnering across the scrum master organization in the ICC. You will play a critical role in providing underlying agile skills for our Bangalore Team. Within the squads, you will be helping data engineers deliver foundational data sets to power analytics and insights across Nike. You will also work with the wider scrum master team to drive Scrum and Agile maturity that includes a cross squad viewpoint and also align to agile best practices.
Section 4: what you bring
Some combination of these qualifications and technical skills will position you well for this role:
· MS/BS degree in IT or related field
· 5 years relevant work experience
· Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools
· Familiarity or experience with other agile methodologies such as LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming etc
· In-depth understanding of Agile Principles and how they’re applied in workplace culture
· Strong facilitation and coaching skills within teams and groups
· Experience resolving issues across teams
· Effective communication, team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servantleadership skills
· Sufficient understanding of technology systems and the team’s ecosystem to help team overcome roadblocks
· Relevant certification in the field preferred. Examples: Professional Scrum Master (PSM I), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world. NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
calendar_today1 day ago