Consumer Credit Sr Assoc (BB-21843)
Found in: Neuvoo IN
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
Corporate Risk is a key component of WFIP. Consumer Credit Risk team within Corporate Risk brings a Team Member-based approach to the international talent pool focusing on analytical requirements. It encompasses roles that deliver insights and analysis based on skills, experience and judgment. Team Members exercise this judgment under general direction versus rule-driven processing. Processes and services performed in this area tend to be based on skills, domain knowledge and intellectual capability.
About the role
The Consumer Credit team is responsible for leading, developing and implementing strategic initiatives and processes to drive the company credit culture, appetite, and business performance. The team is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to be part of the Credit Cards Credit Risk team.
Primary role of the Sr. Associate is to apply strong business knowledge and advanced analytical skills to solve business questions, think out-side-of-the-box and develop innovative yet practical risk management strategies impacting the bottom line of the business. An individual who is results driven, goal oriented, and enjoys a fast-paced working environment will find this opportunity both challenging and exciting.
• The incumbent would functionally contribute as an SME to the Credit Risk team for Credit Cards and execute large and complex projects.
• Leads initiatives, analysis, and ongoing processes to drive credit culture, appetite, and business performance with input from senior leadership within a single function or line of business specific role. Advises and counsels leadership.
• Leads development of predictive strategies / solutions for new account acquisitions across underwriting, approve/decline, limit assignment, business rules development, product development support. Analyze big data and understand / monitor trends to provide actionable insights across a range of risk analytics initiatives
• Directs and coordinates the various activities related to assessing and predicting risk and performance through business analysis and/or modeling. Uses predictive sciences for developing future ready solutions.
• Monitor/report various credit, vintage, product, offer, channel, industry, delinquency, loss rate and performance information, driving Acquisitions strategy decisions. Providing quick and statistically sound diagnostic evaluation of any emerging and unexpected credit or fraud risk.
• To be effective in this position, you will need a good understanding of credit from an acquisitions perspective, a broad and strategic perspective on risk management, and be fluent in key technical tools of credit risk decisioning.
Market Skills and Certifications
•Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative fields such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, finance, economics, econometrics or computer sciences
•4+ years of progressive experience in credit and risk analytics roles
•Ability to contribute to strategic decisions and coordinate with multiple stakeholders. Develop consensus and gain buy-in for strategic priorities
•Detailed understanding of risk domain; Strong Risk analytics skills; Comprehensive knowledge of credit product P&L and risk drivers.
•Advanced to Expert level knowledge in tools SAS, SQL, VBA, E-miner or statistical software for segmentation, modeling
•Strong understanding and willingness to work hands on, using exploratory techniques which can sometimes involve advanced statistics.
•Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
•Excellent communication skills for interaction/coordination/project and skill prioritization with heads of functions
•Strong ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional area
•Advanced degree in statistics/finance /engineering/economics/other quantitative disciplines
•Strong analytical skills with ability to turn findings into executable plans to meet business objectives
•Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution
•Knowledge and understanding of (consumer and small business loan) credit card lending practices, policies, and procedures
•Knowledge and understanding of the key factors impacting credit offerings, including credit risks and regulatory requirements
•Ability to create and improve process through strategic thinking
calendar_today4 days ago
work Wells Fargo