Senior Software Engineer II - Retail Commerce POS (Java) | Fortune 500 Leading Giant | 5-8 years (BB-6A9C8)
Found in: Neuvoo Premium IN
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As the Senior Software Engineer II, you will be part of Retail Commerce organization, which is responsible for building next generation tools for Nike stores to help them perform sales. This includes Front of House – Point of Sale systems and Back of House reporting and store management systems. Our systems are used in 37 countries and we serve 540M consumers and 46,000 athletes annually. We are in process of modernizing our tools from legacy solution to cloud-based architecture. We are adding omni channel capabilities to our tools to serve our consumers better. This is a team that’s always on the offense, working on innovative solutions, building world class experiences to serve Nike members around the globe.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON:
- Participate in technical development and delivery of backend services in the retail environment.
- Ensure quality of the code and products throughout the entire development lifecycle (DevOps).
- Ensure continuous improvement in performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, usability, and availability of the platform.
- Leverage agile methodology concepts for quality, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Participate in sprint planning and other scrum ceremonies. Help team plan and execute sprint tickets.
- Monitoring and supporting health of services in production.
- As a Senior Software Engineer II, responsibilities include
- Working with your local team and other geo-graphically dispersed engineering teams to provide technical expertise on development and architecture
- Working with product owner to understand the requirements, sizing up the work early, coming up with MVP for features and possible timeline goals
- Collaborating with other engineering squads to come up with end to end cohesive architecture on new features.
- Working with infrastructure teams to ensure we have the right store environment for proper functioning of the applications
- Working with application privacy and security teams to ensure the application is properly architected and maintained.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 5+ years of professional experience in application engineering.
- 4+ years hands-on experience in Java.
- Experienced in building RESTful micro services.
- Should have experience in cloud technologies. AWS is preferred.
- Experienced in unit testing using Junit or other tools.
- Experienced in automated functional testing using tools like Cucumber.
- Well versed with Agile methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
calendar_today1 day ago