MS SQL Database Administrator (BB-B955C)
Found in: Neuvoo IN
SQL DBA Job Description
The job includes working with the various technology teams, vendors, and management of new hardware and operating systems infrastructure.
The Engineer will be responsible for the installation, configuration and implementation of complex systems for multiple projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Architect, design and implement complex system configurations at an expert level in demanding customer environments.
• Assess, design, plan, and implement complex infrastructure projects
• Directly interact with cross-functional teams and solution architects to identify, develop, and obtain complete information for solutions.
• Plan and execute technical program including developing, validating, executing, and delegating project technical processes and procedures. Serve as escalation point for technical project issues.
• Apply best practices, strategies, methodologies and approaches to large scale projects.
• Achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all consulting engagements. The candidate for this position must demonstrate strong team leadership and focus on results enabling businesses to operate more effectively
• Strong communications skills and ability to document and present complex designs to a wider audience.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years
SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 (MCDBA/MCTS) certified with exposure to 24*7 Production support.
Working Knowledge of Ms-SQL Desired
1. Substantive (8+ years) experience providing database administration in the following environments - MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008.
2. Expertise on Installation, Backup, Restores/ refreshes, etc.
3. Must have worked on Log shipping, Replication, DB Mirroring, Migration, performance tuning, Cluster environment and DTS/SSIS.
4. Expertise in mentoring and coaching peers.
5. Ability to deal with conflicting deadlines on a regular basis when managing work packages associated with projects.
8+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
Knowledge and Experience of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) solutions for SQL Server like Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
Assisting with supporting the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of database servers, including performance tuning, optimization and troubleshooting.
Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU,memory,I/O, disk space and other resource contention
Knowledge on using any cloud based web services is an added advantage.
Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
Ability to organize and plan work independently
Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
Other Skills: Strong communications skills and ability to document and present complex designs to a wider audience.
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, a competitive salary and shared values, make DXC one of the world’s most attractive employers. At DXC our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
calendar_today5 days ago
work DXC Technology