MTS 2- Site Reliability Engineer (BB-F2F48)
Found in: Neuvoo IN
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
PayPal is a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every single day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal SRE is a continuous engineering discipline that effectively combines software development and systems engineering to build and run scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. The SRE team works together to ensure a continuous improvement to optimize for capacity and performance. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be working to ensure that PayPal’s internal and external services have reliability and uptime appropriate to our users' needs.
As a PayPal SRE Engineer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with Product Development teams on features, operations, and reliability engineering, to improve the outcomes that our customers deserve. Your contributions will make a difference in the production code that serves 240+ million users and 20+ million merchants.
- Provides technical leadership for the team with limited guidance from management or senior teammates. Uses solid understanding of business domain and emerging understanding of how that domain interacts with other domains in the design of technical solutions. Builds a strong performing team, sets clear expectations and goals based on OKRs and KPls, manages execution, stays within budget, proactively solves issues.
- Work autonomously, within a team, as a team to triage and remediate production system and application incidents while practicing balanced incident responses. Takes the learning and build them as workflows driving towards a predictive & preventive future. When working autonomously, uses the opportunity to create exemplars, frameworks, or other auxiliary work products to enhance the ability of others to work autonomously or in collaborative teams
- Lead constructive retrospective sessions to help us enhance the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Be the primary enabler in the reduction of Failed Customer Interactions to raise our availability to all our users.
- Enhances reliability of overall system by working across components to ensure consistent monitoring and operational capabilities, facilitating trade-offs between component designs across teams, and/ or acts as a SME on incident response teams to accelerate issue resolution activities
- Apply DevOps principles in solving operational problems through extreme and innovative automations and solutions.
- Design and drive roadmaps, outcomes, and collaborative projects. Translate vision into strategy.
- Explores industry best practices and influences application of the most relevant and effective solutions in the activities performed day to day.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience. Has a strong experience leading teams
- Experience with infrastructure as code and automation/configuration management using either Cloud Formation or Terraform to define infrastructure standards for cloud services.
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins. Familiarity with container orchestration services
- Expertise in visualizing and manipulating big datasets, and generate actionable insights
- Fair understanding and working knowledge of networking principles, internet fundamentals, Operating Systems, DevOps practices & tooling, Infrastructure basics, cloud operations and application stacks.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- You have a passion for software development and technology.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience working in a collaborative and highly cross-functional organization
- Using the "Scientific Method" to dig into problems is something you love to do.
- Strong debugging and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make informed and sound decisions in crisis situations
- Strong articulation and stakeholder management skills.
- Hands on exposure to AI/ML concepts will be a huge advantage
- Should feel comfortable leading and mentoring engineers through business & engineering challenges
- You strive to work in a dynamic, changing environment, with large scale applications across the stack.
- Finally, you must be determined to have fun, otherwise it is just a job.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Primary Location:Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Posted 4 Days Ago
At PayPal we are reimagining money, democratizing financial services, and giving people more ways to safely connect to their money and to each other. We are purpose-driven and looking for people who want to join us at the forefront of the digital payments revolution.
Learn more about privacy-related questions or data retention.
Please note that this site has updated features that can’t run on older versions of Internet Explorer. Please use IE11 or MS Edge for an optimal experience.
calendar_today15 hours ago
work PayPal, Inc.