Lead Engineer Java/Python (BB-F4E55)
Found in: Talent IN
Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
You will be responsible for generation, co-ordination and execution of internal and carrier test plans for the objective of ensuring terminal products software and hardware implementation meeting customer approval and certification criteria. You will also be responsible for becoming the local subject matter expert and related standards development and interpretation of customer requirements specifications in order to provide guidelines to Corporate R&D members for feature implementations.
• Use intermediate technical engineering knowledge and experience to test and evaluate new wireless terminal products and associated accessories.
• Based on in-depth knowledge and understanding of industry standards and customer requirement specifications, generate, comply and execute test plans for feature requirements to verify implementation meets customer certification criteria.
• Investigates and advises on, non-compliance and performance degradations of terminal products for resolutions, regressions evaluations and testing.
• Together with other engineers (internal or contract) participates in the execution of the test plans to evaluate product compliance to customer criteria.
• Participates in technical discussions regarding discrepancies in the implementation of the carrier requirements with both internal and carrier technical team.
• Provides support for Senior Engineers through collecting log files, software upgrades, execution of the assigned test cases.
• Provides support and testing for in house and 3rd party applications and service development.
• Monitoring of industry standards and data application trends & alert senior management of potential roadblocks in product development.
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study.
• Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
• Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
• Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or another technical related field.
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
calendar_today3 days ago