Manager - Projects (BB-D249E)
Found in: Talent IN
Qualification:Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
Project Planning and Setup:
• Understand project scope.
• Based on the analysis of the type of the project provide inputs on project methodology to senior stakeholders (Project Manager / Architects etc).
• Consolidate inputs from developers and collectively provide inputs on activities/ tasks, task level estimates, schedule, dependencies, risks etc.
• Consolidate inputs from developers and collectively provide inputs to testing strategy, configuration, deployment, hardware/software requirement etc.
• Analyze in detail resources required for every phase, conduct estimation of time utilization of different resources and activities, prepare resource and development plan or provide inputs and review with PM.
• Participate in KT sessions conducted by customer/ other business teams.
Requirement Understanding and Analysis:• Along with the Business Analyst, gather requirements (functional and nonfunctional) from customer.
• Analyze requirements for feasibility with regards to testing and implementation.
• Provide inputs for requirements prioritization.
• Debrief team on the requirements gathered and seek feedback.
• Participate in client calls and seek clarifications if any.
• Create and maintain requirements traceability matrix along with BA.
• Provide inputs during creation of operational concepts and scenarios.
• Work with administrators to setup security requirements.
Design:• Understand various functional and non functional requirements and HLD in order to provide inputs to create LLD and review.
• Recommend make/ buy or alternate solutions.
• Provide inputs in designing end to end solution from a technical perspective.
• Create code development checklist.
• Prepare UI specifications / mock ups for reports / dashboards and provide guidance to team members/ designers for creating data mapping documents or unit documents for ETL & BI.
• Provide inputs to data modeling based on the project understanding.
• Walkthrough the design along with PM to the customer and coordinate to seek signoff on design and other artifacts.
Coding:• Guide team in coding as per design.
• Define the Development framework, reusable templates based on the organization repository and past experience.
• Allocate modules to developers for coding.
• Provide inputs for setting up development environment.
• Provide guidance to developers and set standards.
• Review pseudo codes written by developers and provide a go ahead for code development.
• Review final codes written by developers on adherence to standards/functionality and approve for testing.
• Monitor code merge to build environment and provide consolidated feedback to design.
Testing Management:• Provide inputs to testing strategy / approach at a high level.
• Review test cases written by team.
• In case of small projects, review/ guide for SIT and other testing.
• Provide support for development of unit/ integration test cases as required.
• Check if peer review is completed at each step of test execution.
• Monitor defects raised and closed.
• Conduct root cause analysis to avoid repetition of defects.
• Follow up with team assigned for rework on code defects and close the same.
• Attend QA audits as and when required.
Deployment:• Setup instructions.
• Understand release and deployment environment and provide inputs for release/deployments plan.
• Resolve issues that arise during project deployment/ closure.
• Check that all action items mentioned in the deployment checklist have been completed.
• Monitor and review smoke testing, mock runs.
Project Execution Monitoring & closure (Support to Project Management activities):• Provide status inputs to the project manager.
• Support Project Manager in creating a weekly status report including tasks achieved in the week and plan for next week.
• Provide guidance to team through SDLC.
• Track metrics wrt plan and monitor the same.
• Collect and present metrics (utilization, time spent on each activity / team etc) to the Project Manager.
• In case of change in the project, support in creating a first level impact analysis.
• Support project manager in gathering all documents required for audits and maintain them regularly.
Service Support and Maintenance:• Create transition plan.
• provide transition walkthrough to the maintenance team.
Stakeholder Management:• Understand internal stakeholders (Account Manager, Project Managers etc) and client expectations.
• Follow through on commitments, achieve timely resolution of issues.
Knowledge Management:• Provide guidance to team members to maintain all documentation related to project.
• Create/ guide creation of knowledge articles on the problem, workaround solutions, best practices, new methodology implemented, retrospection report etc.
• Monitor and report the usage of knowledge articles.
People Management:• Provide assistance in selection of representative employee groups for training.
• Conduct training or knowledge sharing sessions.
• Mentor team members in project teams with respect to product and domain skills on projects.
• Conduct technical, face to face interviews.
• Conduct / support managers in conducting appraisals for team members and share final ratings with the relevant stakeholders.
• Coordinate with the project/program manager in understanding how the employee can better contribute to the project, seek feedback and address concerns.
Sales Support:• Understand RFP.
• Participate in ongoing calls with the vertical team members.
• Provide references.
• Create relevant parts of the proposal and identify the case studies to be included.
• Provide time and resource estimates based on technical complexity and type of work done earlier.
• List out the challenges, dependencies, assumptions and timelines required for the project under guidance.
• Provide inputs on technology preference based on the project requirements.
• Review with the applicable vertical teams and incorporate their feedback.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Apr 05 2021
calendar_today5 days ago