Delivery lead – Daily Close (BB-2A540)
Found in: Neuvoo IN
The Chief Technology Manager for SAP Finance is accountable for all SAP Technology aspects across the global DB General Ledger (incl. specific modules like MDG or others) and associated Business Warehouse platform for both legacy ECC and the new S/4 Hana Finance one. The transition from ECC to S/4 Hana Finance is done via the Daily Close initiative.
Daily Close is a Transformation program within the CFO that wants to change the Finance Reporting process by implementing
- A services oriented architecture with Straight-through-processing (STP)
- Re-engineering processes and controls resulting in global standardization, increased automation and enhanced control framework
- Use of leading technology offered via S4HANA and leveraging Cloud opportunities in particular
The Chief Technology Manager for SAP Finance is functionally accountable to the IT Product Manager General Ledger and Financial Reporting based in Singapore and the IT Product Manager Cost Ledger and Tax Reporting based in Frankfurt.
The Chief Technology Manager for SAP Finance will be responsible for
- Facilitaing the Cloud Adoption
- Performing Application ownership for ECC, BW and S/4 Hana Finance applications
- Facilitating the build of integrated feature teams as part of the delivery organisation
- Providing Release Train Engineering for Reporting and Cost Daily Close ARTs
- Ensuring the adoption of right engineering practices and design principles
- Working with the wider team to manage key issues and stakeholders
- Driving Agile principles across the SAP teams including continued compliance with the Agile Change Template
- Establishing PI Planning for the legacy ECC platform
- Skilling, onboarding, and hiring teams - internals and vendor resources
- Partnering with the Engineering leads to build out the target architecture for Finance (Daily Close and agreed architectural standards)
- Ensuring the deliveries are completed within committed times and budgets.
- Partnering with QA and test managers to ensure quality solutions are delivered to end users.
- Supporting the technical implementation across teams to ensure non-event production cut-over
- Supporting the Daily Close initiative including Test & QA management
- Implementing DevOps for S/4 Hana Finance
- Conducting Release Management (Target is “on demand” supported by DevOps)
- Escalating issues that are impacting project delivery timelines on a timely basis with proposed solutions and work arounds.
Position Specific responsibilities:
Guidance for setting out the responsibilities and tasks to be carried out in the position:
- Inspires a sense of purpose and direction by personally contributing to, shaping and championing the organization’s vision, goals and strategy, whilst understanding the current regulatory and compliance landscape
- Builds and maintains key relationships inside and outside Deutsche Bank and influences activities to achieve transformational outcomes in the interests of the wider DB business. Develops advice to key business stakeholders on potential outcomes and develops a long term perspective on organizational success.
- Understands and supports the Bank’s IT strategy and drives the implementation in the domain in close collaboration with the Infrastructure and central architecture functions.
- Contributes and shapes the Agile and DevOps transformation of the team through use of automation and culture change
- Initiates and drives DB and change initiatives to deliver continuous performance improvement by anticipating industry changes and developing own perspective of business trends
- Owns the planning and management of Function budgets and oversees development and execution of objectives, plans and policies that have a significant impact on profitability and strategic direction.
- Engenders a culture of achievement by ensuring ideas and intended actions become reality and that planned projects result in expected outputs
- Adheres to and promotes the company values and ethical framework, ensuring that the team operates to the same code of conduct
- Lives a collaboration culture, breaks down silos and drives Agility into the organization
- Leads an environment where people management and development is a top priority. Empowers, manages, coaches and mentors direct reports and others in the organization and holds their teams accountable for strong people management practices.
- Drives the achievement of high performance overseeing effective career management, providing equitable opportunities, driving succession planning and talent management processes to ensure continuous development of people capability & delivery of results.
- Acts as a role model for own team, communicating SMART business driven objectives at the beginning of the year, ensuring every team member has regular, continuous and constructive performance reviews, encouraging career development and mobility, nurturing talent and fostering diversity.
- Proactively manages tough people decisions to ensure people performance is aligned with organization imperatives and needs. Addresses individual performance issues, where necessary, to drive for high performance.
Experience / Exposure
- Significant and proven experience in a Technology leadership role and in managing senior vendor/partner relationships.
- Delivery of a medium to large change book of work (~€20M).
- Delivery and risk-managing medium to large IT change initiatives.
- Prior exposure to API driven development, SAP/S4 HANA, Cloud adoption is an advantage
- Significant SAP experience with a focus on ERP and S/4 HANA Finance
- Building and managing internal teams in technology centres leading IP repatriation initiatives
- Contributing to the investment governance process for IT investments.
- Taking an end-to-end view of process, data and IT infrastructure and improving the SDLC.
- Ability to handle large stakeholder groups consisting of senior Finance, Operations, IT and Front Office.
- Strong team leader, able to work in virtual, global teams in a matrix organisation, transfer knowledge and develop capability of team members.
- Excellent relationship management, analytical, problem solving, financial management, strategic agility, communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- Persuasive negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English (written and verbal) and local languages if necessary.
- Strong business planning skills.
- Knowledge of the Financial Services/Management industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
- Willing to make tough/unpopular decisions, but respected by internal and external leaders
Bachelor or Masters Engineering Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems or IT-related field (or a similar qualification or equivalent experience).
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
calendar_today4 days ago