- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Developer - 90146384
Posting Range:17 Nov 2017 - 24 Nov 2017
Department : BUK
Grade : BA3
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide
Please visit our website here for more information.
Channels engineering is responsible for online and mobile platform channels for BUK retail banking which includes ROLB, BMB, Pingit and Wealth.
Retail Online Banking (ROLB) supports Barclays UK retail online banking to UK customers. Digital office is responsible for design, development, implementation and support of ROLB customer facing application.
· Application development using primarily skilled on Java server side (core Java with Spring) but with good working knowledge of client side development (JS, Jquery, Angular, Ajax etc)
· Working in scrum teams delivering technical stories within 2 weekly sprint cycles
· Responsible for story based design, development & local test and adherence to all coding standards
· Responsible to Provide Design and POCs and able to define the framework.
· Expected to contribute strongly in all agile ceremonies (planning / stand-ups / retros etc) to ensure high velocity is maintained.
· Able to multi-task and prioritize a demanding and varied workload.
· Support conceptual technical solutions, evaluate & implement new technologies/tools
· Expected to be supportive within the team, both technically and culturally, to help achieve all targets set within sprint plans
· Strong experience of developing applications using Java 7/8 / JEE
· Strong experience using Spring 3/4 (including knowledge across Core Spring Framework, and if possible Spring Boot)
· Strong webservice development experience using REST / SOAP
· Strong technical knowledge of Hibernate / JPA
· Knowledge of App Servers like WAS/JBOSS
· Knowledge of SQL, Major RDBMS (e.g. Oracle)
· Knowledge of SCM tools like GIT / Perforce
· IDE - RAD/ Eclipse, IntelliJ
· Knowledge of tools like SonarQube, Jenkins, Jprofiler, Maven, Gradle etc
· Knowledge of DevOps and continuous integration
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.