Alfresco QCAD Integration for CAD Files Preview
Alfresco is a widely used Document Management System across the manufacturing and EPC (Engineer, Procurement, Construction) industry. One of the key document types in this segment is 2D and 3D CAD files which are generated through AutoCAD and other such CAD software. Alfresco default document previewer doesn’t support these files, so the users can’t view the documents within Alfresco. However, we can integrate QCAD software with Alfresco to enable users to view these CAD files within Alfresco document viewer.
Integration Related blog: Alfresco Integration with Chronoscan
In this blog, we have provided QCAD – Alfresco integration steps in the Linux environment for the developers.
Install QCAD using the following steps. (Linux)
1. Download the following file
2. Install QCAD using the following commandGo to the path where the above file is copied.
3. Copy and paste the following lines at the starting of alfresco.sh file located at /opt/alfresco-community/
(These are the environment variables which are needed to be set before starting QCAD)
4. Place the following files at alfresco-community/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extension/
5. Add the following in alfresco-community/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extension/mimetype/mimetyps-extension-map.xml
As an Alfresco ECM & BPM expert, ContCentric team has been associated with several clients where Alfresco was deployed to store, govern and retrieve the CAD files. It is not essential to do the Alfresco AutoCAD integration, but the previewer would suffice. The rest of the functionality would be leveraged from the Alfresco Enterprise Content Management platform. Do contact us for a case study on this topic.
Original source: Alfresco QCAD Integration for CAD Files Preview
We have developed a custom page in Alfresco to lis ...
Chronoscan Introduction: · Chronoscan is a complet ...
You have no groups that fit your search