Sr Cloud DevOps engineer with over 4 years’ experience in Cloud(Azure) DevOps, Configuration management, Infrastructure automation, Continuous Integration and Delivery(CI/CD). I can implement effective strategies for N - Tier application development in both Cloud and On-premises environments. Expe ...
- TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Public & Private Cloud Technologies: Microsoft Azure.
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Terraform.
- CI/CD Tools: Jenkins,VSTS.
- Build & Testing Tools: Maven
- Version Control Tools: Git, GitHub, Bitbucket.
- Performing/Monitoring & Bug Tracking Tools: ELK, Nagios, CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, Jira, VMware ESXI, Vagrant, KVM, Windows Hyper V.
- Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Nginx, WebSphere, Samba, SQL Server.
- Databases: MySQL, RDBMS, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle DB
- IDE Tools: MS Visual Studio.
- Networking/Protocols: DNS, DHCP, FTP/TFTP, NFS, SMTP, TCP/IP, NIS, HTTP/HTTPS, WAN, LAN, Cisco Routers/Switches.
- Scripting/Programming Languages: Python, Shell Scripting, Bash Shell, Korn Shell, PowerShell, YAML.
- Operating Systems: RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, Solaris, Windows, MacOS.
- PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Sr Azure Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Created recommendations on how to duplicate a subset of on-premise machines to the Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) offering which will be used for disaster recovery. This analysis included the specifics to synchronize on-premise data with SQL Server and SharePoint instances hosted in VMs.
- Worked on Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup- Deployed Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers and migrating to Azure using Azure Site Recovery and collecting data from all Azure Resources using Log Analytics and analyzed the data to resolve issues..
- Worked on Serverless services, created and configured HTTP Triggers in the Azure Functions with application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the applications using the Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) also called as Azure DevOps Services.
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbook, PowerShell runbook that will automate specific tasks, deployed Azure AD Connect, configuring Active Directory Federation Service (AD FS) authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect, and involved in administrative tasks that include Build, Design, Deploy of Azure environment.
- Configure Continuous Integration from source control, setting up build definition within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and configure continuous delivery to automate the deployment of ASP.NET MVC applications to Azure web apps and managed Azure Active Directory, Office 365 and applied upgrades on a regular basis.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline with Docker, Jenkins (TFS Plugin installed), Team Foundation Server (TFS), GitHub and Azure Container Service, whenever a new TFS/GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration (CI) server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Worked with Terraform Templates to automate the Azure Iaas virtual machines using terraform modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in production environment.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, VM Role, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Azure Portal.
- Written Templates for Azure Infrastructure as code using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Integrated Azure Log Analytics with Azure VMs for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics and used Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, and Docker containers.
- Worked on OpenShift for container orchestration with Kubernetes container storage, automation to enhance container platform multi-tenancy also worked on with Kubernetes architecture and design troubleshooting issues and multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale applications.
- Deploying windows Kubernetes (K8s) cluster with Azure Container Service (ACS) from Azure CLI and Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and Octopus Deploy.
- Using Ansible created multiple playbooks for machine creations and SQL server, cluster server and my SQL installations.
- Written Ansible handlers with multiple tasks to trigger multiple handlers and to decouple handlers from their names, making it easier to share handlers among Playbooks and Roles.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin in Maven pom.xml files to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the Java jar files.
- Designed, wrote and maintained systems in Python scripting for administering GIT, by using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution, and deployment onto Tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Involved in Jira as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations, and plugins for Jira bug/issue tracker integrated Jenkins with Jira, GitHub.
- Worked with Nagios for Azure Active Directory & LDAP and Data consolidation for LDAP users. Monitored system performance using Nagios, maintained Nagios servers and added new services & servers .
- Built and managed a highly available monitoring infrastructure to monitor different application servers like JBoss, Apache Tomcat and its components using Nagios .
- Environment: s: - Azure, office 365, Terraform, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Azure ARM, Azure AD, Azure Site Recovery, Kubernetes, Python, Shell Scripting, PowerShell, Git, Jira, GitHub, Docker, Windows Server, VSTS, LDAP, Nagios.